PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest once a VAFD module is completed.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: This is a simultaneous plotting
game with planes moving during mutual resolutions giving a miniatures feel.
. I only played this title for a few afternoons. in fighter vs fighter combat
it seems being able to take a shot was a random event which may never occur
in 'two hours' of playing. Perhaps if defending a bomber stream, the tactics
would allow more player control. Plane performance is a function of the type
and model and altitude.
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: One TAHGC Battleline edition
- TITLE: Air Force, Dauntless
- PUBLISHER: Battleline-The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: Plane to Plane Combat in Europe: 1939-1945; (Dauntless
is a Pacific War Expansion)
- TAHGC CATALOG DESCRIPTION: AF) Highly popular game that
captures the flavor of the air war in Europe. (D) An Air Force module that
allows players to re-create historical battles from any period of WWII Pacific
War. Ownership of Air Force required.
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION: Plane to Plane Combat in Europe:
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): Battleline Edition; TAHGC Battleline
Edition Air Force (1976) & Dauntless (1977), TAHGC 2nd Edition had new
format for plane data. I cant find a year on any part of my game. It seems
to have been a discontinued TAHGC title by 1998. Expanded
Rules pulled from Web Grognards.
- Design and Development: S. Craig Taylor, Jr.
- Graphic Design: Mike Williford, Graphics Unlimited
- Typesetting: Ann Jones
- Playtesting: Too numerous to list everyone, but special
thanks to Nolan Bond, Chris Chandler, Don Cole, Jim Henson, Tim McGary,
Jim Morrison, Steve Peek, George Petronis, Phil Poulos, and Ken Thurmond.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2+
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10): 2
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): 1-2 hours
- MAP SCALE: 500 feet per hex
- UNIT SCALE: Individual Planes
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: 10 seconds
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS: until conclusion, typically 20 turns
- ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY:
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY:
- PBEM TOOLS:
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page