BBG-BATTLE OF THE BULGE B65 B81 B91
- TITLE: Battle of the Bulge
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: Battle of the Bulge, December 16 - December 30,
- TAHGC CATALOG DESCRIPTION: Design research authenticated
by General McAuliffe, known for his legendary reply of 'nuts' during his heroic
stand at Bastonge. No textbook presents the controversial episode in as true
a light as playing the game. Truly a challenge for both U. S. and German players;
both must play aggressively to win. Two games in one, including tournament
play for a real battle game nuts.
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION: Realistic World War II Ardennes
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1965-discontinued 1981. The
1981 had significant enough differences to distinguish as a separate and different
game. Smithsonian edition 1991 (Even more different from Bulge '81 than '81
was different from '65.. Questions & Answers for B81;
Errata for B91
- CREDITS (1965)
- Design: Larry Pinsky
- Development: Tom Shaw
- Design: Bruno Sinigaglio
- Development: Mick Uhl
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest using the VASSAL VM64 module.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: From the General article listing,
BBG is perhaps the most prolific game title article topic. However I have
never played the game. My one copy is a recent collectors item find in a neighbor's
garage. Will seek out a veteran of this title for commentary.
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: One game copy (1965).
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): .
- MAP SCALE:
- UNIT SCALE: Bulge '65 and '81 used regiments/combat commands.
Bulge '91 was mostly divisions.
- TIME SCALE PER TURN:
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS:
- ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: (1965) Approximately 150 unit counters,
22x28 mounted mapboard, 11"x14" game box, Basic Game instruction
folder, Battle manual (included tournament game rules, historical commentary,
examples and diagrams of play), order of battle counters, order of appearance
card, time record card, battle results table, one die.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: B81 has been a continuous
event since Avaloncon 1991. Play continues at WBC and Prezcon.
- PBEM TOOLS:
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page