BFG-BATTLE FOR GERMANY
- TITLE: Battle For Germany
- PUBLISHER: 1st edition-SPI; 2nd edition-Decision Games
- SCOPE: Closing on Berlin pitting the Germans vs the Russians
from the East and Allies from West and South fronts.
- RULEBOOK DESCRIPTION: Battle for Germany is a game based
on the final campaign fought in Germany between December 1944 and May 1945.
One player assumes the role of the Western Allies; the other, the Soviet Union
(rules are provided for multi-player versions). Each player moves his units
(including certain German units) and attacks enemy units.
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION:
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): First Edition 1974, Second Edition
- First Edition, (#### SPI)
- Game System Design: James F. Dunnigan
- Physical Systems Design: Redmond A. Simonsen
- Development : J.A. Nelson, James F. Dunnigan
- Playtesting: Omar DeWitt, Steven Patrick, Rick
Archer, David Waxtel, Kerry Paulson, Alex Katzoff, Ben Grw,'srnwi
- Production: Manfred F. Milkuhn, Larry Catallmo,
Linda Mosca, Kevin Zucker
- Second Edition, (1994, DG)
- Development: Mike Bennighof
- Map Graphics: Mark Simonitch
- Counter Graphics: David McElhannon
- Rules Layout & Box Design: Christine Lockwood
- Consultant : Brian L. Knipple
- Playtesting: Carole Stallworth, Bryan Bennighof
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2-4
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10): 2
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): .Four estimated
- MAP SCALE: 1 hex represents 67.1 kilometers.
- UNIT SCALE: Soviet Fronts, Yugoslav Armies, Corps for Allies
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: Two weeks
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS: 16 maximum; December, 1944-August
1945. Historically Berlin fell in May 1945.
- ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: (1994) one 22x17" unmounted mapsheet;
120 die-cut cardboard counters; 8 page rules folder.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: None
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest using the VASSAL BFG module.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS:
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: One unpunched game copy (1994
- A Java application VASSAL module
is listed. This is on WGA's listing for debug/enhancement
as needed prior to a PBEM tournament.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page