- TITLE: Breakout Normandy
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: WWI Invasion Battle Game
- TAHGC CATALOG DESCRIPTION:
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION: BREAKOUT NORMANDY is a graphic portrayal
of the first week of battle in which Rommel's panzers struggled to throw the
Allies back into the sea. The game is at the cutting edge of Area Movement
combat simulations. The semi-simultaneous movement system provides the ultimate
in payer interaction induces tension without the tedium of recorded moves
usually associated with Simultaneous Movement games.
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1993. Questions
and Answers from the Game Designer
- Game Design Development:
- Cover Painting:
- Prep Department Coordinator:
- Printing: Monarch Services
- Typesetting: Colonial Composition
- Production: Eastern Box
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2 (Highly suitable for solitaire play)
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): Four hour basic game; Extended
game up to 12 hours.
- MAP SCALE: 1" equals 2.7 miles
- UNIT SCALE: Regiments/Brigade with noteworthy Battalions.
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: Daily turns broken into variable impulses.
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS:
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: Two sheets of counters; 16" x 44"
mounted mapboard; Illustrated rules and extensive historical commentary and
designer's notes, three 8" x 11" Setup cards, 4 dice die.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Tournament event since 1994.
The linked file details the WBC
BKN 2003WBC 2003 tournament format.
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest once a VASSAL VBKN module
is completed. However due to interaction required, real time internet play
is almost mandated.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: No direct experience. some familiarity
due to same system utilized in Turning Point Stalingrad.
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: None to date.
- No Java application VASSAL module
at this time.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page