PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: Play is similar chess however
terrain restricts some movement of different units, all units may move in
a turn, and hidden variable setup. High unit attrition in initial turns. Excellent
quick play alternative to chess played by 2 - 6 players as individuals or
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: Softcopy rulebook., Five game
- TITLE: Feudal
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE:Game of Siege and Conquest
- TAHGC CATALOG DESCRIPTION: Medieval wargame , armies move
in chess-like fashion to maneuver kings, princes, dukes, knights, squires,
sergeants, archer and pikemen.
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION: FEUDAL, exciting medieval war game
combining military strategy with chess-like moves as armies of 2 feudal kings
battle to the death. Each army is secretly deployed, making every game different
and challenging. Rough and mountainous terrain can aid or hamper attempts
to thwart the enemy or lay siege to their castle.
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1967. Only one published edition,
published over a great span of tim e.. Some sets are in the two piece box,
some in the three piece format with an inner sleeve.
- CREDITS (Can't find them in the game).
- Game Design Development:
- Cover Painting:
- Prep Department Coordinator:
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2-6.
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10): 2
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): 1 hour
- MAP SCALE: not applicable, similar to chess
- UNIT SCALE: Individual pieces representing Kings, Prices,
Dukes, Archers, Squires, Knights, Sergeants, and Pikemen.
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: not applicable, similar to chess
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS: not applicable, similar to chess
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: 12" x 12" folding plastic board
with printed terrain and peg holes, six color armies, divider screen, rules,
three part sleeve bookcase box. Hard plastic units with pegged bottom for
long time durability. My sets are 30+ years old. Some sets have the map in
for individual pieces; others have two joined pieces.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Never made it as an Avaloncon
- PBEM TOOLS:
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page