G88 -GETTYSBURG 1988 Edition
- TITLE: Gettysburg
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: American Civil War Battle of Gettysburg; July 1-3,
- TAHGC CATALOG DESCRIPTION:
- GAME BOX DESCRIPTION:
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1st Edition -TAHGC (1958); 2nd
Edition -TAHGC (`19##); 3nd edition -TAHGC (19##); 4th Edition aka Smithsonian
Edition-TAHGC (1988); 5th Edition-TAHGC (flat box) (1994)
- Design, Development & Rules: S. Craig Taylor
- Cover Art: George Parrish
- Graphic Art, Gameboard Art & Pasteup: Charles Kibler
- Typesetting: Colonial Composition
- Packaging: Monarch Services and Eastern box.
- Playtesting: Fred Chatman, Bob Coggins, Mike Craighead,
Dave Ferguson, Don Greenwood, Jim Henson, Rex Martin, Bill Peschel, George
Petronis, Ed Phillips, Ed Safley, and Bruce Shelly
- Preparation Department Coordinator: Lou Velenovsky
- Note: This version of GETTYSBURG has been packaged
for the American History Series. It is the fifth edition of this famous
titles published by Avalon Hill Game Company since the first was introduced
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): .
- MAP SCALE: 700 yards per hex.
- UNIT SCALE: Infantry Divisions & Calvary brigades,
Artillery batteries, individual General units.
- TIME SCALE PER TURN: Two hour Daylight turns, 6 hour night
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS: 1st, 2nd, 3 day scenarios (8 turns
each), Day 2+3 scenario (16 turns), Campaign Scenarios (24 turns)
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click
- GAME INVENTORY:
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: This title is played annually
at WBC as part of the Grognard collection. G88
WBC Event History.
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: The Boardgamer Player Association PBEM
tournament is launched yearly. Look for information through the Boardgame
Player Association or Wargame
Academy if interested. The PBEM ladder is played in rounds on a continuous
base. See item 22 below.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: This edition is used for all
Boardgamer Player Association face-to-face(i.e World Boardgame Championships)
and PBEM tournaments.
Boardgame Player association 2009
G88 PBEM Tournament. GM: Vince
- A WGA Vassal team Java application VASSAL
module. The latest version (G8833b10.vmod)I am havign issues on www.vassalengine
but it is posted here.
- Revised Vassal map with all corrections (what is connected, what is not)
due to massive errors in the published game map. Standard
G88 map; Variant map from
G88-General-v25n5p17; Combined map
(Standard + Variant map).
Gettysburg '88 PBEM Ladder
is now active; hosted by Vince Meconi.
- Start date: of May 1, 2009.
- Standard G88 Rule Clarifications
[PDF]; last update 12-DEC-2013.
Please email any comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page