KTA -KNIGHTS OF THE AIR
- TITLE: Knights of the Air
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE:Game of Deadly Combat in the World War I Air War
- TAHGC CATALOG VERBAGE: Authentic recreateion of deadly
combat o fthe WWI ari war.. All panes included ahv been carefully reserach
fo runparalleel reasiml For 2-6 players, including a solitare scenario.
- GAME BOX VERBAGE: KNIGHTS OF THE AIR recreates the deadly
combat of the World War I air war. You learn to fly the great airplanes of
the period in much in the same way the Aces did - right in the cockpit using
control stick, throttle and rudder pedals. Each kind of warplane included
in the game has been carefully researched to present the same strengths, weaknesses
and idiosyncrasies it demonstrated in real life. Once you have learned the
tricks of your aircraft, you can dare to risk all in a dogfights. Air combat
is conducted in a series of maneuvers as each pilot tries to position this
plane for the killing run. With experience, new and more complicated maneuver
becomes available so that the ace can barrel roll and loop rings around the
novice. Your success will depend upon your ability to master your plane and
to exploit the weaknesses of your enemy.
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1986. Only one published edition.
- Game Design Development: Mick Uhl
- Cover Painting: Joe deMarco
- Prep Department Coordinator: Elaine M. Adkins
- Graphics: Monarch Services
- Printing: Monarch Services
- Typesetting: Colonial Composition
- Production: Eastern Box
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1-6.
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10): 6
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours per dogfight
- MAP SCALE:
- UNIT SCALE: Individual plane
- TIME SCALE PER TURN:
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS:
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: Hundreds of counters; 22" x 32"
mounted mapboard; six sets of manuever cards, airplane performance cards,
markers, 1 die; rulebook.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Never made it as an Avaloncon
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest once a VASSAL VKTA module
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS:
WARGAME ACADEMY GAME TOOLS: None to date.
- No Java application VASSAL module
at this time.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page