OAF 64.1 "Russian Cavalry Raid"
updated 051128 Rev 0
scenario was originally published in ON ALL FRONTS number 64. Extensive clarifications
and modification have been made to the original scenario by Bill Thomson.
The original author is credited to Jay Wightman and play tested by Daniel A.
Russian cavalry raid on a german supply/repair depot.
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Russian must burn 11 points of
depot tents and exit one leader and five squads off any board edge. The German
wins by preventing a Russian victory.
SEQUENCE : .
set up first
- AT START: Elements of a German supply/repair depot
elements; set up as indicated:
- 3N1.2: 1x467; 1xLMG
- 3N1: 1x267
- 3M2: 1x8-0; 1x247
- 3M3: Psw213, abandoned
- 3S5: 1x247
- 3L4: 2x247
- 3R3: 2x247
- 3Q4: 1xPzKwIIIL; immobilized, abandoned
- 3Q7: 1x247
- 3R6: 1z9-1, 1x247
- 3W5: 1x8-0; 1x467; 1xLMG; 1xEntrenchment
- ENTER TURN 1: Raiding Cavalry; enter on
the north edge of board 4:
1x9-1; 1x8-1; 1x7-0; 15x537; 2xATR; 3xLMG; 12xMC; 15xHorse
SPECIAL SCENARIO RULES:
- OAF 64.2.1: TERRAIN: 3X3, 3Z1, 3Y6, 3CC5, 3O10 AND
3I10 are open ground hexes. the N2 wooden building is a two story structure.
M7, O5 and all remaining buildings east of column O are considered depot tents;
giving 21 points of tents total.
- OAF 64.2.2: For LOS purposes, treat tents as a level
1 obstruction with the following traits: Infantry TEM is +1; Movement cost
is 1 MF. Mounted cavalry may not enter a tent.
- OAF 64.2.3: use a MC to start a fire inside
a tent is 8+ when thrown and hit. Use of a MC to start a fire from outside
the tents is 6+ when thrown and hit. Deliberate fire setting is 5+; spreading
number is 5+.
- OAF60.2.4: Optional Rule 25.4 is in effect;
'Concealed units which move may maintain their concealment status provided
no enemy unit has a clear LOS to any hex through which they move. '
- OAF 64.2.5: Battlefield Integrity rules
are in effect.
- OAF 60.2.6: The following COI supplementary
rules are in effect: B (Armor Crew Morale), C (Alternate Rout), D (Advanced
Berserk Status), F (Vehicle Movement in Woods), J (Russian Entrenchments),
M (Location of Hits).