OAF 37.2"The Kall Trail"
scenario was originally published in ON ALL FRONTS number 37 (December 1985).The
original scenario author is Jeff Cebula. It was used
in the Origins 1985 GIA tournament as Scenario 2. Further
development, clarifications and modification have been made to the original
published scenario by Bill Thomson.
Hurtgen Forest, November, 1944: Elements
of the U. S Infantry Division attack elements of the German 275th Infantry Division.
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The American forces must be the scolded
occupant of, or the last to occupy, 20 building hexes by the end of the scenario.
Each level of the building count as a building hex. (there are a total of ##
building hexes in the playing area). SMCs do not count for purposes of building
Germans set up first
American move first
- AT START: Set up at least 3 whole hexes from the north
1x9-1; 1x8-1; 1x8-0; 1xHero; 6x467; 4x447; 1x247HS; 2xMMG; 5xLMG; 5xPF44a;
1xRadio; 8xConcealment; 1x Roadblock; 3xEntrenchment
- TURN 1: Enter on turn 1 or later on the North or West
edges [ELR 3]:
1x9-2; 2x9-1; 2x8-1; 2x8-0; 3x667; 9x667; 3x556; 4xMMG; 4xBAZ44a; 2xDC
- TURN 2: Enter on the North or West edges:
SPECIAL SCENARIO RULES:
- OAF 37.2.1: TERRIAN: All hill hexes are both hills
and woods with the corresponding elevation. The treeline is defined by the
hill outline. Therefore, bypass between ground level obstacles and level one
(or higher) woods hexes is possible. Building 3I10 is treated as a building
in a woods hex. Buildings are wooden or stone per the corresponding map color.
- OAF 37.2.2: WEATHER: The weather is moderate;
there is no wind.
- OAF 37.2.3: The Germans may fortify two ground level
building hexes (161).
- OAF 37.2.4: Panzerfausts may set up hidden as per
- OAF 37.2.5: Any American leader with a negative modifier,
heroes, and 667 squads (including 347 half squads) may place the DC without
- OAF 37.1.6: The German radio and its operator may
set up hidden, and my pre-register one hex. The hero may use the radio.