- TITLE: Up Front
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: World War II Man to Man Combat
- TAHGC CATALOG VERBAGE: The SQUAD LEADER card game- a game
of man-to man infantry combat set in WWII Europe. 12 complete scenarios provide
up to 48 different games in one package.
- GAME BOX VERBAGE: UP FRONT is a game of man-to
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1989. Only one published edition.
TPS Errata was found on Web Grognards.
- Game Design: Courtney F. Allen
- Game Development: Donald J. Greenwood
- Card Artwork: Scott Moores, Charles Kibler
- Counter Artwork: Dale Sheaffer
- Box Art and Logo: Rodger MacGowan
- Special Assistant& MVP: Rex Martin
- Research Assistant: Bob McNamara
- Playtesting: Jim Burnett, Andrea Cantatore, Bob Coggins,
Charles Crain, Bruce Degi, Andrew Maly, Eric Posner, Craig Ransom, Jeff
Scarborough, Neal Schlaffer, Jim Stahler, Ross Towle
- Typesetting: Colonial Composition
- Prep Department Coordinator: Elaine M. Adkins
- Printing: Monarch Services
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS):
- MAP SCALE:
- UNIT SCALE: Groups of individual soldiers
- TIME SCALE PER TURN:
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS:
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click here
- GAME INVENTORY: 162 color 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" playing
cards, 120 color 2" x 2.6" infantry cards, 40 color 2.3" x
3.1" AFV cards, 304 double face 3/4" x 6/10" and /12"
counters, 12 scenarios with up to four variations of each, plastic card tray,
36 page rulebook, campaign analysis.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Not a current tournament title.
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest once a VASSAL VTPS module
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS:
- No Java application VASSAL module
at this time.
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page