WAR AND PEACE
- TITLE: War and Peace
- PUBLISHER: The Avalon Hill Game Company (TAHGC)
- SCOPE: Napoleonic Wars in Europe, 1805-1815
- TAHGC CATALOG VERBAGE: Game tracing the rise, fall, return
and final defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- GAME BOX VERBAGE: You command Napoleon's Grand Armee in
all the massive, desperate campaigns of the Napoleonic Wars. From the mountains
of Portugal to the endless Russian steppes, WAR AND PEACE traces the rise,
fall, return and final defeat of history's greatest soldier, Napoleon Bonaparte.
- YEAR PUBLISHED (EDITIONS): 1980. Only one published edition.
WAP Errata was found on Web Grognards.
John Gant has posted an updated War
& Peace rulebook (2.1 MB pdf format).
- Historical Research& Design: Mark G. McLaughlin
- Game Development: Frank Davis
- Game Components: Dale Sheaffer, Randall C. Reed
- Playtesting : John Long, Chris Heitzer, Bruce Milligan,
Bob Coggins, Arnold Blumberg, Fred Georgian, Pete Bennett, John Tuohy,
Thomas Tuohy, Gary Fairairn.
- Printing: Monarch Services and Colonial Composition
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 2 for scenarios, up to six for the full
- WGA COMPLEXITY SCALE (1-10):
- TYPICAL PLAYING TIME (HOURS): 2-3 hours for scenarios.
- MAP SCALE: 40 miles per hex.
- UNIT SCALE:
- TIME SCALE PER TURN:
- NUMBER OF GAME TURNS:
- PARTIAL ARTICLE LISTING: Click
- GAME INVENTORY: 1000+ unit counters; 16" x 44"
mounted mapboard;24 page rulebook, two playing aid cards, two dice.
- WBC & AVALONCON HISTORY: Not a current tournament title.
- PBEM TOOLS:
PBEM OPPORTUNITES: Contact Wargame
Academy if interested. A Boardgamer Player Association PBEM tournament
can be organized by WGA pending suitable interest using the VASSAL WAP module.
John Gant is recognized for all things
WAP from a WGA perspective.
WARGAME ACADEMY COMMENTS: I have seen this game play but
did not participate. I will solicit comments from others.
- A Java application for WAP exists VASSAL
module at this time.
- A Cyberboard game set exists for WAP
Please send comments and corrections via to Wargame
Go to the Wargame
Academy main page